Thursday, July 3, 2008

What is that smell?

So, i was walking by the kids bathroom the other day and i just about fainted. "What the heck is that smell? " i thought to myself as i lamented having 2 girls who forget to flush sometimes, and i proceeded to quickly clean the toilet. A little later i walked by again and it was back! So i scrubbed from top to bottom this time, sink, floor, shower, mirror, the works. And a little later it was BACK! So i brought in a second opinion and Dan and i walked around literally sniffing the walls. Then all of a sudden it all came together. That scratching sound i have been hearing has been birds making a nest in one of the vents. I don't know how all of that works all i know is that the stench was seeping through to my kids bathroom! So Dan will have to get a ladder and see what is going on in there. It is all very disturbing. And i thought that living in a new house would eliminate this sort of thing. I guess it could be worse. In our old house i once woke up with a bat flying above my head (i'm getting shivers just thinking about it).

2 comments:

Angi said...

Yikes! I'm glad you figured it out. We had birds who built a nest in our dryer's exhaust vent. The fix-it guy pulled out a whole nest with little dead baby birds. It was so sad! So we ended up putting some wire mesh over the opening-problem solved :)

Betsy said...

I am laughing out loud at the thought of you waking up to a bat flying over your head =0). I'm sure it was disturbing, but it makes for a good story. I'm glad that you figured out the problem, and glad that you don't have to be the one to clean it out! Poor Dan!